Expand Your Business’s Reach
ECommerce companies like Amazon have grown exponentially because online shopping has exploded over the past ten years. You can expand your business and its reach by selling products or services online.
By 2021, the number of online shoppers is expected to reach 230.5 million. With the growth of eCommerce and international trade, it is essential for businesses to expand their presence online and to customers all over the nation or world. By selling your products or services online, you are exposing your business to anyone with internet access.
This means you’ll garner new leads, increased web traffic, and more sales. Of course, these benefits can only be reached if you have the right course of action.
There are many ways of selling products online. You can go through third-party eCommerce retailers like Amazon, or you can have your own online store. This decision is heavily based on your business. There are many pros and cons to each choice. You can even take both routes. Some businesses sell a small selection of products on Amazon, while the rest of their catalog can be found on their website. Regardless of the decision you make, there are pros and cons to both.
ASAP Marketing’s team helps clients with either option. If you want a website of your own, our web developers can create it from the ground up or add it to your existing site. Developers can create a custom site by using popular eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, and WordPress.
These tools give you as a business and us as a marketing agency the resources needed to optimize your website, drive traffic, and increase sales. On the other hand, we can help optimize your Amazon listings so they appear higher in search results and generate more sales. We can develop a strong brand for your business on Amazon through pay-per-click Amazon ads, content marketing, and product management.
Pros and Cons of Selling on Amazon
- Greater Reach: Every month, almost 200 million people purchase products from Amazon.com making it a leader in the eCommerce market. With your products being on the platform, you can reach a significantly larger audience than your own site.
- New Leads: Since you are reaching millions of more people, you have a greater chance of gaining new leads and eventually customers.
- Convenient: Selling your products on Amazon helps you save time and money with shipping and delivery costs. There are fewer factors you handle when Amazon is assisting you.
- More Competition: Millions of people visit Amazon every month, but millions or more products are on the site. This means your products are going to have a lot more competition than what it would seem with your own website. Not to mention, you’ll have to compete with Amazon brands as they too sell their own products on the site.
- Several Fees: Not every dollar you make will find its way into your bank account. Amazon issues fees to sellers for their shipping, handling, and warehouse storage. Expect to pay several fees to have your products on Amazon.
- Lack of Ownership: You don’t own Amazon, which means you have no control over your products’ display. With your own site, you can customize your products to how you see fit.
Pros and Cons of Your Own Website
- Ownership: Selling your own products on your own eCommerce website means you have full control. Display your products how you want and manage your site the way you think is best. Having complete control can help you have peace of mind.
- Maintain Your Own Customers: Customers who buy from Amazon are Amazon customers. When they buy from your website, they are your customers. You’ll have access to their emails, which allows you to executive email marketing campaigns to boost sales and outreach.
- Data and Analytics: Your own site will give you access to data and analytics Amazon would never provide. You can review the data from your site and make adjustments to your marketing efforts and website as a whole.
- Startup Costs: The cost of starting your own eCommerce website, managing inventory, deligating shipping logistics, and working with manufacturers can create serious costs for small businesses.
- Management: You’ll spend more time managing your products and their logistics when selling them on your site. This is time you could be spending perfecting your product or marketing.
- Less Reach: It will be very difficult for your website to reach almost 200 million monthly customers. Digital marketing efforts will increase your website’s presence, but they may never reach similar numbers as Amazon.
International professionals established ASAP Marketing Solutions. With connections all over the world, they have the experience and knowledge to help promote eCommerce sites. There are so many ways in which you can reach customers. Your customer base does not have to be restricted to the United States.
Instead, your products can reach people in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, and other parts of the world. Why limit yourself to one geographic area? Furthermore, the team at ASAP Marketing is diverse. Having a team that speaks three fluent languages helps further the global reach of your eCommerce website.
Give our team a call today for a free estimate or fill out the form on our request a quote page. We look forward to working with you.